AHHHH, I think I might be crazy. I have run this marathon twice and both times when I was finished I said that I would never run it again. Both times I ran this marathon I didn't feel very well. You see this photo This was from the first time I ran this marathon. When this picture was being taken I felt great but shortly after this picture my race went down hill quick.
The second time I ran this race I didn't even want to see the pictures. This race was the most discouraging of all races I have ever ran. You see I trained incredibly hard for the second time I ran Newport. You can read about some of it here. Then 5 weeks before the race I rolled my ankle and everything went kaput. This race had a huge affect on me and my running. For the longest time my running was terrible.
Well this is a new year and right now (hopefully not going to jinx myself) I am running great and I feel good and confident. A friend from Poky said she was running Newport this year and my wheels started turning. Could I do it? Should I do it? Well after my 12 mile run on Saturday I decided that yes I was going to give it one more try. I only have one goal for this race and it has nothing to do with my time. My goal for this race is to stay healthy and finish strong no matter how fast or slow I need to go.
SO NEWPORT OR BUST !!!!!!!!! Come on over to the Oregon Coast the first weekend in June and join me.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wishing you luck & good health during your training season. My running group is looking into doing the Victoria Marathon in October...but so far it's just looking, no commitments. Good job committing.
I think you should sign up (or at least put in for the lottery) for the St. George marathon. You will be all trained after running newport, so I think we could easily qualify. . . . and if Kevin and Eric wanted to run it we could all put in together as a group. Then, it is either all of us get in or none of us get in.
Plus, it is a beautiful race -- and I am pretty sure we could outrun the boys!
Post a Comment