Okay this weekend has been kind of busy so I am just barely able to tell you about my running. Saturday I went for my long run which was only 13 miles. I know your rolling your eyes and saying only 13 but the previous weeks I have done 15, 17, 20 so 13 was a relief this weekend. I felt pretty good and realized that my marathon pace is 10 seconds slower than I had originally thought so that made me so happy because 8:20's is a pretty comfy pace for me right now. So, today I did my interval workout on the treadmill. It consisted of 12 x 400meters. I like intervals but not on the treadmill. Now, my hip hurts and I will be making friends with my foam roller for the next few days. If you don't know what that is let me know I will give a tutorial it can be your worst enemy but your best friend for staying healthy while exercising.Now, you ask why the picture of candy. Well you see I can run and do the hard workouts and love it but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar and it is killing me. I ate way to much over the weekend and yesterday and today and I really felt awful running this morning because of it. I just didn't feel good. So, I have decided to share another goal with you. I am going to try to cut my sugar intake way back. Now, I am not doing this because I am worried about weight. My weight is fine but all that sugar is definetly not going to help me make it to Boston and it is definetly not going to make my body feel good. Now, I am not going to go cold turkey ( I think it is wrong to deprive your self ) but I am going to only allow myself a small treat each day. So,with that said I think I have had my small treat for the day. I need your help to keep me on track. I hate letting others down so if I even imagine that some one read this and is watching me then I know I will work even harder at achieving my goal. Okay, run on and have a good day!!

3 comments:
I'm in! I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many sugar cookies and I feel like crap! I was actually thinking about going sugar free for a month. Maybe I should try a week and see how that goes?
I'm with you and behind you in this one :) I've been cutting back lately too and have really enjoyed tasting real food instead of just sugar (like the oat-y-ness of oatmeal, instead of the sugar-y-ness, etc). Keep me posted!
Look at you with all of your ambition and goals! Good luck. :)
Post a Comment