
Okay, let me start this post off by stating the obvious. I am not a good writer. I do other things well but writing has always been difficult for me. However, with that said I keep wanting to write about my running. I have decided that everyone in life has something that is theirs. Something they really like to do and it makes them feel better. That is what running has become for me. It is the one thing I can do for myself to make me better. I feel better, I am a better mom, and a better person when after I go for a run. It's just my thing. I am not the fastest on the road (FAR from it) and I am not out to win races, but I am just out to better myself. Okay so why blog about it? You have heard the saying, " the best motivation is accountability." I think for myself if I even think that someone might read my blog I won't want to let them down. I have also set a big goal for myself. I really want to run a Boston Qualifing time in June at the Newport Marathon. If I don't get it my world will not come to and end but I really want to give it a shot. I am working hard at it but it is still going to take a lot of work and that is where you come in. If you care to read my blog then be prepared to read a few posts about my running and preparing for this marathon and if you feel so inclined I would love to hear your comments even if you need to give me a kick in the butt.
Well, with that said I will tell you about my run today! TEMPO run. A tempo run is a longer distance at a faster pace. It is done to help improve you lactate threshold. ( This just means that I am trying to teach my body to work better so that the lactate in my muscles won't build up so fast) I run in the morning and today was the best day weather wise all week. What a beautiful day it was. Thank you Oregon. I ran 7.25 miles . Here is the break down of the miles
Mile 1 8:20 warm up
mile 2 8:01 right where the program says I was suppose to be
mile 3 7:52 Little bit fast but felt good
mile 4 7:59
Mile 5 7:57
mile 6 7:37
mile 7 7:29
Okay so as you can see my pace just kept getting faster. I felt great but I also had to hurry and get home so my husband could go to work. I was surprised at how good I felt and really wanted to keep going. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot and run to fast for what the program says. Oh ya I am following this program that is suppose to be tailored to my BQ time. I really like the program. I run three days a week and cross train two to three other days. So far I really like and really hope it will get me to my goal.
Okay, my question for the day is this. I love to run and enjoy it but my eating habits need so work. What do you do to try really hard to eat well during the day? My hardest time is in the afternoon. If you have any good snacks or ideas for me I would love to hear them while I eat a few more Easter Jelly beans. Have a great day.

7 comments:
Well jelly BEANS must be a good source of protein but maybe you should try robin's EGGS to even it out or perhaps a chocolate BUNNY? Basically you ahve too much protein here. You need to balance it more with carrot shaped cookies or carrot cake. That is my great advice. I've fallen off the running program recently, sick and travelling has made it hard to meet the miles. I'm thinking I won't make it to my half marathon now. :(
so, what is the picture of you running all about. You didn't explain that.
What program are you following. I would also like to qualify for Boston. Good Luck!!
well sandy, the picture is of me running my 2nd marathon which also happened to be Newport.
Steph, I am doing the run less run faster program. I love it. I bought the book and it totally makes sense to me and fits into my life really well. I feel refreshed for each run instead of tired and worn out, and I can do other things like biking and swimming instead of running every day. I only need to cut 12 minutes off my best marathon time to get a BQ and a lot of people that have used this program have bettered their time. so we will see.
Good for you Corrine!!! It is importatn to do things just for you that better yourself!! Keep up the good work!!
You rock. I think that it so awesome you are training for a BQ time. I wouldn't even be close. :) I know I decided to take some time to train soon after Nyah was born and some people wondered if it was smart to take the time. It made me so happy though and I felt like I was a better mom after running.
As far as snacks are concerned, I'm the worst and have recently gone down hill it seems so I don't really have advice there.
Good luck as you continue to train.
De-lurking here to say that you are fast. Okay maybe not if you are comparing yourself to Paula Radcliffe or Deena Kastor, but to the rest of most of society, you are fast.
Good luck with your marathon training.
Post a Comment