So, now that I am over be discouraged lets post some happy stuff. Here is my sweet Madeleine. She loves being outside and so on the few days that we have sunshine we go in the back yard where she can crawl around. She doesn't mind the dirt, grass,rocks, or bugs. Infact the other day my nieces and Carter had a whole box of toys out on the lawn playing with them. Guess where Madeleine was? Yep, tasting rocks and crawling in the dirt. I wish the picture was better so you could see the smile on her face better. The sad part is that this smile has been very rare this past two weeks. The poor baby started teething and then she got a cold on top of that and she now has her first sinus infection. She sounds terrible and her snot is everywhere. The doctor gave her some medicine yesterday but now today she has diarrhea. Poor baby it will end very soon.
Carter's last day of school was this week. He loved first grade and he has gotten so smart. His class did puppets shows last week. He got to be the big bad wolf in one play and Henny Penny in the other play. He was so excitied and it was fun to watch him. He has grown so much this year its hard to believe how big he has gotten.

Kevin, we love you and happy father's day! You are such a good daddy and we are so glad that we have you. He got a new water ski for father's day and if the summer ever gets here I guess we can go and try it out. Please pray for the sun!

For me I promised visions for my house. (Crap I forgot the before pic of this one. look in my old post and I have a picture of this room before) I have been busy. I tore down wall paper (the worst week ever) and painted and added a chair rail to this room. Now I need curtains and accessories to dress it up so more pictures will be coming.
This project I am so proud of. I am not trying to be prideful but I am proud of myself for trying something I have never done and it turned out pretty good. This is my fireplace. Kind of dated in need of some love. Well I check out the lettered cottage blog (see link on the side) and she transformed her fireplace and for $82 and it was really easy. So, I stared at my fireplace for a few months. I watch HGTV during those few months and finally got an idea on how to change my fireplace.
Step one, build a box to cover the stone. Heather came over and helped me with this step and I have to say we did a great job together.

Step 2 - I don't know how many. I borrowed Heathers miter saw and trimmed the baby out. I gave it a bigger mantle, and caulked it and painted it and I now I love it. It is not perfect and I know the picture isn't the best but I love it. There are mistakes but they are my mistakes and I am okay with it. Now all I need to do to this room is paint, add beadboard to match the dinning area, add a chair rail and decorate. So stay tuned for more pics.
Thanks for reading and hope you have a great day ! Corrine

5 comments:
AMAZING. That is amazing what you did with the fireplace! I am so impressed and think it looks beautiful. Good job!!!
Look how clever you are, love the fireplace. Isn't it amazing how much time and energy a sick and teething baby take. Good luck! I'm sure I'll see your house...someday.
You rock! It really looks great..I'm kinda jealous.
You are AWESOME GIRL!! It looks so GREAT, way to do your homework. I would have gone straight to pulling the rock off, yikes!
Your little one is just adorable! A little grit on the insides just gives them a good cleaning!)
Kinni, Hey girl I found your blog once then forgot how I found it, then I saw it on Alisons blog. How fun it was to see your family, I havent seen Jason for yrs. and your Grandma. Looks like life is good you have a very cute family. Luv, Cori
Post a Comment