So, this is the reason you have kids right? What do you think uncle Danny can he have a job this summer? Carter is getting bigger and bigger all the time. He loves to help Dad and mowing the lawn is his new passion. If my grandpa Walker could see him he'd pay him $5 for his straight lines. Carter still loves bugs and just last night he found one on our walk and put it in his pocket so that he could add it to his bug collection when we got home. Did I mention the bug was still alive? We love our Carter.
This is Madeleine's new favorite place to sit when Carter is outside. Oh I just know she is aching to go out there with him. She is definetly on the move these days. I love how she can now crawl to my feet and then she drops down on her belly and lifts her hands and feet up off the floor whining until I pick her up. She has decided that Dad's hip is the best place to sit and Dad will always put her there. Wow we love Madeleine too!!
Okay now on to ME!! (man am I full of myself or what?!) So, running is going pretty well. I have to admit I did a 20 miler last weekend and I kind of had a little self doubt on if I can get the time I want or not. This last week my runs have gotten better. I didn''t have a partner, she was in Hawaii boo hoo for her, so my trackwork outs were on the treadmill and I had to push Madeleine on my 11 mile tempo run. To be honest she did great and I was able to keep the tempo I wanted and we got to enjoy the sunshine so it was a win win all the way around. Now Saturday I did a 15 miler and like a dummy I let Kevin get in my head. He ran 15 miles before me that day and I asked him how fast he did it. (Never ask this question right before heading out the door, never) He actually ran pretty fast and as I started my run I thought I can do that too. No, I can not do that. After mile 4 I had finally talked myself into getting Kevin out of my head and realizing that I am not out to beat Kevin I am out to beat myself and make it to Boston. So, needless to say I still ran my 15 faster than the program called for. I averaged 8:17min/mile which faster than my race predictated race pace. I felt good about my effort but wonder if it was a good thing to do or not time will tell I guess. Now, my 30 day challenge. Lets see I decided to work on drinking more water, doing core exercises 3 x per week, and having a plan for each day so that I make sure I get something accomplished each day. Well so far I am seeing the bathroom a lot more often during the day so I guess you could say I am drinking more water. My core workouts have been terrible maybe even non existant at this time. Having a plan for the day is working out great. Infact I think that I like it. On Sundays I sit down and right out one thing I want to get done each day that week. Now, not everyday to get I get my project done but I am being more productive during the day and I am getting things done which at the end of the day feels great.
So, it's Monday, still drinking my water, core exercises are scheduled for later today, and my plan for today changed because a friend needed help but I am still getting things done as well as helping someone else. So, still on track for my 30 day challenge. How about you? Have you set three things to work on for the next 30 days? Check my last post and you can enter the challenge for a chance to win a prize or you can just share you challenge or progress with me I would love to hear about it.
Hope all is well keep on running!

5 comments:
I like the 30 day challenge idea. Not sure if I can do it. As for core, an area I'm sorely lacking in life...I decided to take a few minutes every day and play "airplane" with my 23 lb 1 year old. Win/win for both.
Good luck with running. Sounds like you are kickin some tail!
Aww I LOVE that picture of Madeleine taken from outside of the window...so cool!
Cooper used to sit and watch the kids out the front door like this too. Too Cute!
I truly love getting an update on you and the kids. Madeleine is so cute. I wish I could meet her in person. Thanks for the challenge. You are such an inspiration.
I was happy to see your up-date. Your kids are super cute. I was so curious to find out how your training was going. So impressed that you ran a tempo run while pushing a jogging stroller!
Good luck with your up-coming race. My 1/2 marathon is in 2 1/2 weeks.
PS I linked over here from Sister Sassy's blog, where I linked from her brother's blog, where I linked from my sister-in-laws blog.
Post a Comment