

Okay, why is it that when you finally say your NOT going to do something it becomes the hardest thing in the world not to do?!! So thus far I have failed at slowing down my sugar intake and it is killing me. Why would I do this to myself? I mean it is kind of like a personal sabotage on my own goals. UGGGG! I mean I know it is a mind over matter kind of thing and I have proved to myself with running that I can over come weaknesses but this one is HARD! I need suggestions of how to over come this huge weakness that I have. I have wanted to throw the candy away but I have a 7 year old that would probably hate me for life if he knew I tossed the sugar laden calories. Well, today I have started out differently. I have planned out what I will be eating through out the day and we will see how that goes. I am not much of a planner so this could be interesting. If you have ideas for me please share. Has something worked for you?
Now, on to my running progress. Had to do intervals on the treadmill again this week. It wasn't as bad mentally as it was last week. The only bummer is that my hip is still hurting. My foam roller and I have become buddies and ibuprofen has become my drug of choice followed with a chaser of a bunny shaped marshmallow:) I was able to do my tempo run outside and this is how it went.
2miles warm up (not sure the pace garmin didn't have batteries)
3 miles 7:20's-7:30's
1 mile cool down (the hail that started pelting me and my partner in the face helped with this cool down today.)
I have to admit I was kind of tired for this run so my partner and I decided that we would check our pace and how we feel and we would have to start being honest with each other and slow down if we needed to. I mean we still have about two months left of hard running to do before race time. So, now I am going to share a dang cute picture of my little girl. She tried out her first pony tail yesterday and I hate to brag but she is just so dang cute. HOw can you not smile when you see that face. Keeping running along and have a good day!!

3 comments:
I do have to agree that is the cutest little face EVER!!
I put the candy in the garage. Yup, the garage. Typically if I can't see it I don't crave it-as much;) and it is not easily accessible, so I have to go out of my way to get it, which plays well to my lazy side. The kids don't mind as long as THEY can have some.
that is a great idea allison thanks!
Wow, what a cutie Miss M is!!! I love the hairdo! She's changing so fast. Thanks for posting current pics often! You probably don't see the change, cuz you see her daily, but she's changing some! Just getting cuter and cuter! I have some thoughts about the sugar intake and some experience with this. I will email you if you're interested.
Post a Comment