
Okay, Kevin and I signed up to do a 5K today. We did the same one last year so we thought it would be fun to do it again. Wouldn't you know it this morning at 6:30am Carter woke up and was not feeling well. I didn't think my friend would appreciate my sick child being dropped off at her house at 8am in the morning. So, Kevin won the rock paper scissors game and I got the jogging stroller with carter bundled up inside. Now before any of you tell me what a bad mother I am for taking my sick child to a 5K I want you to know that it was warm and sunny outside and He also got to be inside a jogging stroller that totally incloses him. Besdsides he wasn't drop dead sick. I just didn't think that my friend would be okay with him sharing his germs with her four kids. Plus, I paid for a t-shirt and you can't wear it unless you earn it. Anyways, Carter loved being a part of the race. He was really excitied. He especially loved the jamba juiced he earned after the race.
Well, I must say the team of Carter and mom did pretty good today. We made it up the horrible hill that Kevin thinks is terrible to place in a 5K. ( this hill has a switch back, that's how steep it is). I told Kevin the hill just weeds out the weak and the strong.
Team Carter and mom came across the finish line in 25min. Not a winning time but not to bad for pushing a 40+ pound kid in a stroller. I think I found my new way to train to make myself tougher. Now I just need a jogging stroller that actually tracks straight and not to the right my arms a killing me. I see a B.O.B. stroller in my future. Maybe my two siblings will tell me how much they love theirs.
Oh ya, Kevin did really well himself. He ran a 21:54. Then the crazy dude followed it up with an easy 13 miles. (nuts I tell ya, nuts, but pretty hot)

1 comment:
Can I just say one word "ANIMAL"... no pun intended. You are my hero!
Post a Comment