

So, my Dad and Jan were in Steamboat Springs all last week so Carter and I took off after school on Thursday and drove up to meet them. I was so nervous to take Carter skiing. I thought for sure I would spend the money for a lift ticket and he would hate every minute of it. He proved me wrong. The first run we got to the bottom and he said "we made it were done." I thought crap the day is over and it's barely 9:45am. But we put him back on the lift and went again. Carter never stopped. We had a small lunch break but he kept going all day long. It was so funny. He jsut wanted to go straight down the hill. Forget about turning why would you want to do that. Infact one time I took Carter down the hill and I kept asking him to turn and show me how to stop. Luckly he knew how to stop. We got on the lift and very politely Carter asked me if we could just go down the hill without me talking and just let him ski. I laughed and said yes. So, I bit my lip the whole way down and it Carter went straight down the hill while I held the straps to the harness. He even got a little bit cocky and started hopping on his skiis. He thought he was so cool. Later in the day he talked Jan into letting go of the harness and just letting him go. He did great for the short parts that we let him ski by himself. The day was a lot of fun. I even got to ski other parts of the mountain and I have to admit that was the biggest mountain I have ever been on. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Papa and Jan.
4 comments:
I am so glad Carter liked skiing. You need to take him more often. He looked like he had a blast. Way to go Carter!
Way to go Mom and Carter! Grandparents are great.
Travis
I'm glad skiing went so well. Ryan and I haven't been forever. Funny that we live in Colorado which is famous for the skiing and we haven't been since we moved here. Ryan just has to "put up with me" and my inexperience the whole time anyway so he probably doesn't miss that!
I have not been skiing since Rylie was a new born!! Sounds like you have a natural on your hands! Glad you both were able to enjoy the weekend, it fun being with family!!
Post a Comment