
Many years ago I loved to ride my mountain bike. Me and Trek 6500 (my bike) use to spend hours together on single tracks in Pocatello Id. I still have trek 6500 but now days she spends most of her time riding around the neighborhood following a 5 year old on a huffy. Yes, my mountain biking days ended about, you guessed it, 5 years ago. I have found over the last year that I really miss bike riding. So, last year I borrowed an old road bike from my dad. Her name is schwinn. She is in great shape for how old she has gotten. I have ridden her outside and inside on a bike trainer. She has treated me well. I have been attending an indoor spinning class where schwinn gets to come with me. All the guys at the bike store love her and state what a great bike she was in her time, but she really wasn't made to fit me so she kind of hurts to ride on. I have also made a friend who is teaching me more about cycling and she is helping me train for my first triathlon. (hopefully I won't drown.)So, without hurting schwinn's feelings I have been looking for a new bike that would be made just for me. On Saturday I met my new friend. Her name is Ruby. Man, she is beautiful and when the bike store let me sit on her and spin for awhile I new that this was a match made in heaven. I have been debating whether to buy Ruby or a cheaper bike but after meeting Ruby and sitting on her there is no way I can deny that she should become my new friend. So, I have been saving my pennies since November and I still have some more to save. Some have said to me that they don't think I will ride Ruby as much as I think, but I have to tell them they are so wrong!!!! Ruby and I have many miles to explore together. So, now I am working for a bike. Donations to my dream are being accepted.

5 comments:
If anyone will ride the bike you will. Get the Bike and ride Ruby ride!
I am picturing you and Ruby riding off into the sunset...and maybe Kevin keeping up for the first half mile or so.
YEAH!! I guess there's no turning back once you have ridden on the best Right?? Good Luck with the move, let us know if we can do anything to help.
Hey dad said he can't post comments on your blog so he told me to tell you the bike is coming your way soon! YIPEE!
Ruby sounds like she will be lots of fun. Good luck with that and the rest of your triathlon training. :)
Post a Comment