Sunday, August 17, 2008

Snake Crossing

Hey so earlier this week I took Carter in the bike trailer on a bike ride. On our way home we encountered a rattle snake laying across the side walk. So, I had the choice to try and ride really fast and see if I could sneak behind him or back way up and wait. Well, I have never been a fan of snakes so we waited and waited. Carter thought it was great. Our bike rides have been fun like that. We have seen coyotes, mule deer, bunnies, and now snakes. Hmmm, you think that we lived out in the country, but nope we are in the city. We are almost ready for school. Carter can hardly wait to meet his teacher this week, but class doesn't start until next week. Carter's friend Dylan just got accepted to the charter school so they will get to be in the same class together. I finally got pictures of girls camp so I am posting one so that you can see that they really did try and kill me, but I showed them what an "old" lady can still do!!! Life is good for us. How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carter and Dylan will have a great time being in the same class!! That is exciting news.

What a woman you are carrying those girls! You've definitely still got it.

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

It really is amazing how much wildlife we can see by living in the Denver area - in the city. Jogging past a fox in the middle of a neighborhood still catches me off guard. Good luck with school!