Wednesday, March 21, 2012

twelve years ago!!

So, this Sunday is my anniversary. We got married in 2000 so it makes it easy to remember how long we have been married. Oh how twelve years can go by so quickly. These last twelve years have had many new experiences and trials and fun. I never would have been able to grow and have any of the mentioned experiences had I not been lucky enough to find and marry this guy. Boy my Heavenly Father really new that I would need this guy in my life.
Isn't he so cute.  Our life hasn't been perfect but he is my best friend. He loves me and thinks I'm hot even on the days when my pants are fitting a little tighter than usual. He even loves me when I am cranky. He loves to spoil me and I love that he loves to do this. (hint, hint honey)
He knows my goals that I am a little bit to shy to share with anyone else and he believes in me. He is one of my biggest supports in all the crazy things I say I am going to try and do. He is even really good at not saying anything when I fall of the band wagon on the way to one of my crazy goals.
He loves me when I yell at him for not driving the boat right when I'm skiing.
He loves me even when I talk and all my words come out dumb sounding.
He loves me when I turn in to a nervous nellie (which sadly to say is a lot)
He loves me.

I've said this year after year. This picture isn't staged. This picture is the real deal that my dad just took with his little film camera. (film I know who could have imagined) Kevin has taken care of me since day one and has been doing so the last twelve years.

There is this church song that I love that states:

“All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of,
Everything I hoped, and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given,
I've been given what I need.”
― Michael McLean, Hold on the Light Will Come: And Other Lessons My Songs Have Taught Me

I am so glad that my Heavenly Father knows way better than I do. The things he has planned for my life are way better than I could have ever imagined.

Love you Kevin. Happy 12.

1 comment:

Nurse Graham said...

That's an awesome post. Congratulations on 12 years together.