
I am behind on posting to this blog so we are going to try and play catch up today. To start the month off Carter had his 8th birthday!!! Holy cow can you believe he is eight years old? It is totally crazy to me how time flies so fast. For his birthday we went to the ever popular chucky cheese (even though I can't stand that place).

we came home and had a birthday cake and presents. Every year so far I have made a number cake for his birthday and that was what he wanted again this year. It didn't turn out perfect but it worked and he loved it. Look at those cheeks I love them to pieces.


Carter got his first set of scriptures from his nana and they even have his name on them. He loves to take those to church. He now is a cub scout and papa sent him the shirt. He likes the shirt but not the yellow bandana. He had his first pinewood derby this month as well. We don't have pictures from that night and for good reason. Having a pinewood derby happen right in the middle of tax season can be very stressful on a mom. I had to figure out how to do a pinewood derby car and all of you know how into this some fathers can be. We got his car all made and I kept asking Kevin if we needed to put weight on it or something and he just kept telling, I don't know. So we show up to the church and they tell me is car is two ounces lighter than it can be and that I should go over to the corner where there are supplies and add some weight to it. UMMM, okay sure I guess we can do that. Oh ya did I mention I also have my two nieces with me so I am dragging four kids around too. So, we figure out how to secure some weight with hot glue and we return to the registration desk. The lady then tells me that his wheels aren't straight and that I really should fix that. UMMMMMMMMM OKAY!!! I tried and then I hand it to her and say it will be fine and she says, " you know if they aren't straight it isn't going to roll very well." I wanted to scream "I DON"T CARE. I mean can't you see the four kids running around me touching things that they shouldn't?" well I tried to fix the wheels again. CRACK!!! Yep I busted the car. Carter starts crying and I am trying to keep myself together and think on the fly how to fix this DANG car. I will admit I got a little bit upset at the table and walked away back to the fix it corner. Carter crying the whole way over there. I didn't care if the wheel was straight I just wanted to check the dang car in and move on and I really just wanted my husband to be there. Well, thankfully my home teacher came over to help and he had to calm me down a bit (which I was thankful for cause I really wasn't mad at anyone just the situation). We hot glued the wheel and checked the dang car in. Well Carter came in dead last in all four of his heats but didn't come in dead last when compared to all of the other cars so we did okay. UGGG, I am going to have to become and expert on pinewood derbys for next year i guess.
Well happy birthday month to Carter.
2 comments:
Hey, I love your story about the pinewood derby car. I'm fast forwarding to next year and can see me in a similar situation. You'll have to send me your tips...better yet, I heard that you can buy finished derby cars as well...maybe craigslist, e-bay. j/k. Hope you and your family are doing well!!
Haha. Gotta love the pinewood derby. We have 2 under our belt and I realized that I am going to have to make at least 13 more! I guess that is what I get for being jealous that I didn't get to make a pinewood derby growing up and had to watch my brothers do them. I can't believe Carter is 8. Wow...time really flies. Glad to see you are doing well.
Rikki
Post a Comment