Monday, February 28, 2011

My baby girl is 18 months!!!




  • my sweet little girl is 18 months
  • She started nursery yesterday. She started out great and didn't even care that I left but that only last for about 20 -30 mins.
  • She is talking a lot. She says stuck, no, outside, milk, dida (dad), Car( carter), cheese, cookie (short for anything sweet),bird (she sounds like bambi when she says it) Roars like a lion, meows like a cat, and ruffs like a dog.
  • She loves my cell phone. She carries it around and acts likes she is talking on it. She actually talks but it's still jibberish so I am not sure what she is saying but she totally knows.
  • She still loves going outside. While it is cold she likes to look out the window and find birds. She can spot those things wherever we are.
  • When she finds a book that she likes she makes you read it like 5 to 10 times in a row.
  • She has definitely shown us that she is very strong willed but we like strong willed women around here.
  • She loves to cuddle especially when she first wakes up and right before going to sleep.
  • She still loves dad's left hip and if he is home you will find her there or very close by.
  • She loves to take showers. If she hears the word shower she heads straight to the bathroom and starts taking her clothes off.
  • She love fruit snack. I know the nutritional value is zero but I figure she eats real fruit so a treat of fruit snacks is fine with me. (by the way she calls these cookies as well)
  • Oh cute skirt you say that she is wearing in the photos. Well thank you I made it and I have to say I am pretty proud of myself because I have never successfully made clothes before. However she cried when I put it on her I had to buy her new shoes so that she would wear the skirt.
  • She still loves her big brother and they are now wrestling with each other.
  • We love our Madeleine and we are still thankful everyday for the miracle of adoption so that Madeleine could join our family.
  • Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

Josie said...

She looks SO BIG! What a fun age!

Katie Bell said...

Love the skirt, I had no doubt that you had made it...hopefully nursery gets better!

Hollie said...

She is adorable. Taylor loves Travis too. She starts crying when he leaves and she loves to be held by him. That's so awesome that you made that skirt. Your dad recently mentioned that you are in to making furniture too. WAY TO GO! It doesn't surprise me:).

Anonymous said...

What a fun girl to take pictures of.

Don't you just wonder what she will do on Carter's baptism day?

Michelle said...

Cute skirt! Good job :) Hard to believe all the changes that take place over a year and a half!

Unknown said...

yes the skirt looks so great! shes growing like a seed. glad to see shes not too afraid of the camera anymore. Much love!