
So, I took all of your advice plus my husbands and I didn't run on Saturday. Infact I haven't been on a real run since last Thursday. I tried a few miles on the treadmill yesterday but I am not ready. Today I went to the Doctor hoping he had a miracle pill or shot (even really I know he doesn't but what do you got without hope). He said I am starting to get some achilles tenditious but falling off the curb didn't cause it. (dang it I wanted it to be the curbs fault and not mine for running too much) He did give me some hope. He does think I can still make the marathon in 4 1/2 weeks. Here is the magic pill he gave me:DON'T RUN for at least a week maybe two . (please let it only be one)
Take ibuprofen like it's going out of style (i guess he did give me some pills)
Ice massage three times a day. (have you ever tried that? Actually rubbing yourself with ice)
Ride my bike (which is fine but better when I can go outside and not on the trainer we will see)
Aqua jog my little heart out!!
I have been in the pool the pics are proof but I have never aqua jogged before. I stopped by the local pool on the way home and got a quick lesson from the really nice instructor there. Here goes nothing tomorrow am at 5:30 I will be kicking my way around the deep end of a pool with fancy things on my feet and a belt you would die for. Now, I just need some suggestions on what to do so that I don't die of boredoom. Have you ever had to aqua jog for a long time? What did you do to pass the time? Give me your advice, ask your friends and tell them to respons I need something.
Well I must go my daughter is eating paper I should probably take care of that.
p.s. the above pics are from my very first sprint tri that I did last June in Colorado. WAY FUN!!!
have a good day and keep on running!
Ride my bike (which is fine but better when I can go outside and not on the trainer we will see)
Aqua jog my little heart out!!
I have been in the pool the pics are proof but I have never aqua jogged before. I stopped by the local pool on the way home and got a quick lesson from the really nice instructor there. Here goes nothing tomorrow am at 5:30 I will be kicking my way around the deep end of a pool with fancy things on my feet and a belt you would die for. Now, I just need some suggestions on what to do so that I don't die of boredoom. Have you ever had to aqua jog for a long time? What did you do to pass the time? Give me your advice, ask your friends and tell them to respons I need something.
Well I must go my daughter is eating paper I should probably take care of that.
p.s. the above pics are from my very first sprint tri that I did last June in Colorado. WAY FUN!!!
have a good day and keep on running!

3 comments:
Guess it depends on how much you want to invest to alleviate boredom--my friends who train for Ironman's use a waterproof MP3 player that is built into goggles. OK, so I know you don't need goggles for aqua jogging, but maybe for training for longer tri's, they could become a good investment.
Otherwise, Dori from Finding Nemo...Just keep jogging, just keep jogging.
Hey, good luck this week of training. Aqua jogging was my saving grace a few years ago...I found I was STARVING after jogging (cold water maybe) and ate like a pig! That was the only downside for me!
You will be running that race. Power forward!
Melodie
That sounds painful.....your foot plus the whole running in the pool with weights!!! You have got to be in some good shape girl!!!
Post a Comment