Friday, March 19, 2010

Were to begin...

Oh Madeleine!! She has been doing lots this past month.She can now sit all by herself. Occassionally she forgets so we have to pad her landing with pillows. SHe has started eating real food. She loves baby oatmeal and homemade applesauce and in the above pic tried yogurt. SHe is so funny when she tries new foods. Every bit she gives you a sour look like this is the worst thing ever but then she wants more and more.
We give her crackers to knaw on and it is pretty dang funny. She makes a huge mess, but loves every minute of it. The above pic shows how she has lost the cracker and is looking for it but she doesn't realize it is in her bib. She does this everytime. It is so funny to watch her look for the cracker and it is right under her nose.




Oh ya and look at this one. Baby proof the house now!! She has already found the wall plug ins and if there is cord plugged in to it she is going to head that way. She has been commando crawling since 5 1/2 months and has now found her hands and knees. She hasn't quite figured out how to move from this position but I give her the next few weeks and she will have it down.
She has also really found her voice. SHe loves to giggle and thinks that Carter is just so dang funny. It is kind of fun driving in the car listening to Carter make funny sounds and Madeleine jsut giggles and giggles. She is a crowd pleaser. Whenever we go to the store she knows how to pull out that winning smile just at the right time. I never leave a store without some little older woman stopping and talking to Madeleine. BOy we love her and everytime I go and get her from her bed she always gives me one of those smiles and I melt. She has made our home complete.


Carter has had a big month. First of all he learned that you really can lose teeth by eating to much candy. He was eating chocolate and lost one tooth and later after dinner lost another one as well. The bummer part was that the tooth fairy had a dollar for the first tooth but not a second so she didn't come that night it was a few nights, or weeks (oops) later. Carter also turned 7 on March 2nd. In the above picture you will see the only pet rodent he will ever, ever, ever, have. This is for good reason. He asked only for this as a present.It is called a Zhu Zhu pet. (zoo, zoo). It moves and makes noises. I have not seen this pet since the week of his birthday. Hmmm, wonder why I don't want a real one ever in my house!!!!




He was lucky to have two parties. His birthday fell on the Tuesday after we moved so we just had grandma over for dinner of french toast and a cupcake with ice cream then on the following Sunday we invited the rest of the family over for dinner (he really wanted mac and cheese from a box, not homemade) and cake and ice cream and thanks to grandma we had things for bug party games. Thanks grandma for helping me out while my brain was on overload. (please refer to my last post). Now Carter can hardly wait for spring break next week. He keeps letting me know that he will be home the whole day with me> WOO HOO! is what I keep telling myself. One more funny story about Carter. Wednesday was St Patty's day I am sure you were well aware of that. Well Kevin got ready for work in all blue. Blue pants, shirt and tie. He looked very nice but when Carter realized that Kevin didn't have any green on he told kevin the followin. "Dad you really have to wear green today. If you don't the leprechauns will pinch you and they pinch really hard!!!" I love how little kids minds work!!!








I have had many requests for pics from our new home. Well here they are. Totally out of order. I l have a vision for every room in this house and can hardly wait for this month to get over so I can start doing the things I want. (again refer to my last post this month was pretty expensive with two house and two utilty bills) So you will have to stay tuned for my very own before and after blog about my house.



So the picture below is the start to a vision I have for Madeleine's room. Thanks to Heather who helped me get the tree on the wall. I have more to do to the tree and her room so stay tuned. This is my kitchen and eating area. Yes the wallpaper is so fancy but sorry it will be gone!! The wainscotting will stay but will be adorned with a new chair rail and paint. Big things will happen in the kitchen but you will have to wait and see there too!







Hey what a cute baby in these pictures. Below is the living room which you can tell connects to the pic above. Again big plans for this room and the fireplace as well. Do I have you hooked yet to check back?









This is theback of my house. This is the addition. Upstairs is a big family/bonus room and a big bedroom. The bottom floor has our exercise room (pic to follow), a big storage/workroom and a small bathroom.
we have 1/4 of and acre. The old owners started a great garden area which I guess I will have to learn how to use properly and my most favorite they planted raspberry and blueberry bushes!!!!!! If you want some shoots come on over!









Hey here is the exercise room. The computer is only staying until we can finally get a new desk. Ugg that black one has been the death of me. I hate it!!
















So this is the outside of my house. Yes I do have a vision for it but it is last on my list. We live on a nice cul de sac out of the city limits. To be honest we are so close to the city but we don't have to pay city taxes which is great. We are only 4 miles away from grandma and grandpas. I love it because I feel like I am in the country but not really. We live within walking distance of the Mckenzie river and there are big filbert tree orchards close by.
So we now have room for plenty of visitors and anyone is welcome to just stop by and say hello. We would love to have you. Although if you come at the wrong, or right time you just might be handed a hammer or a paint brush. Hope all is well have a great day!!











This little baby will be used to make my visions come true. Hopefully soon a miter saw will be coming my way to help with my visions as well.












































































6 comments:

Katie Bell said...

Finally, it was worth the wait.

Kristin said...

Love the new house, especially the flooring. FYI, I saw a few miter box saws at the Goodwill on Delta a few weeks back. I've been looking at them too, but y husband would kill me if I bought one before we had a house.

Michelle said...

Your house is so cute! I love it! And your kids get cuter and cuter every day. I love Madeline's hair - it's gotten so long and she is so pretty!

kandyg said...

Wonderful pictures!!! I especially like king for a day and Miss M on all fours..oh so cute! Good Luck with the Zhu Zhu being the only animal you end up with...I was not as strong and gave in eventually. But then I was totally outnumbered and the pressure was great. Love your beautiful wood floors! Can't wait to see the progress. Did you free hand the tree? Love and hugs to all of you. Grandma Kandy

Hollie said...

Congratulations on your new house. It will be so nice you can do things you want to. I love the baby's room. I hope you are doing well. Super Cute! Take care.

My Angels said...

I am in love with your baby, she is too CUTE!! Turns out she is way ahead of mine, I don't know if it is gender or last of 4 syndrome;) Love the tree in her bedroom, can't wait to see the rest of your visions come to pass.