Monday, February 1, 2010

Families are everything!! and mine is forever!!
















Well this weekend has been a fabulous weekend. Very busy but filled with all the best things. We got to take Madeleine to the Portland Temple and have her sealed to us. What an experience. Carter got to come in the temple with us and he was so excitied and loved every minute. He was so excitied when he found out that the bow tie he was wearing he got to keep. Madeleine looked adorable as they brought her to us in her white dress. We lucked out that she still fit into the dress that I wore when I was blessed. My sister was so nervous that I wouldn't dress my baby cute enough so she bought her the cute headband. Thanks Josie it was a very cute addition to the dress. We had a lot of support from family. The family of Kevin's that lives here in Oregon came to support us. I had an one of my most favorite aunts and uncle drive up from California to join us as well. My sister and mom were also able to come over. We also had the privilege of having the birth fathers parents come and meet us and show us their support. They are great people. I am very glad that we got to meet them. I love the fact now that I can tell Madeleine how loved she truly is. She has family from her birth mom and her birth dad that love her and are excitied to see her grow up and continue to love her and be apart of her family. On sunday we got permission to bless Madeleine even though it wasn't a fast sunday. Kevin did a great job of inviting the spirit to be there for the blessing. We had a great day after church with having the family come over for lunch and stay until evening.





I love family and I always have. Family is so important to me. I would have family over for every sunday dinner and go and every vacation or event there is if I could make it all possible. My view on family has changed since this adoption and what is funny is that it is something we as LDS people have been taught from the beginning but has now be sulidified in my heart. The best words for it come from a primary song, "Our father has a family, its me, its you, all others too, we are his children... God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be. This is how he shares his love for the family is of God." I love it. Have you really thought about that. I have and I don't usually get to personal on my blog so warning if you keep reading. I truly believe we are all family and we truly are here to help each other become who we are suppose to be. I truly believe that our family should be the people we really want to be with. So, I have to remind myself that if this is true why are we so hard on one another? Why is it with family we lose our patience quicker than we would the neighbor? Why is that we would say and do somethings to our family that we would never say or do to anyone else whether those things are good or bad? Why is it that we want to be better than the next guy? Why is it that people look at open adoption and think it is strange that we would want to include all families in it? Family is so important and if you put it on a spiritual level we have a lot of family. I know that I personally need to work on loving and serving my earthly family better, but that I also need to work on helping my spiritual family as well (in case I am not making sense I am speaking of the world).





Okay enough with that can someone please help me find a hair do and a good hairdresser. Ididn't realize how bad my hair looked until I looked at these pics. HElP me if you can!!





Enjoy your day and your family!!










6 comments:

My Angels said...

What a GREAT weekend!! I got goosebumps and teary just looking at the pictures, I hadn't even read anything yet! Great pictures, you have the cutest little family, I am SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!

herbie said...

What an awesome experience you guys had at the temple and are experiencing right now with your family. I wish I could have been there--just looking at your family picture all in white is amazing. Miss you guys and Congratulations!!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

How fabulous! I loved your post. It made me a little "teary". Your family is adorable and it sounds like an amazing weekend. Congratulations!

Katie Bell said...

Couldn't you find a white pacifier? So happy for you, wish we could've come.

Josie said...

Beautiful! Loved being a part of the weekend, thanks again. And just so you know.... I trust in your fashion abilities I just wanted to contribute something.

Michelle said...

What beautiful pictures and thoughts! Thanks for sharing :)

Sorry, Supercuts is my "hairdresser," so you may want other people's advice, but I think your hair looks great! You're beautiful.

michelle