Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Saint George Marathon

Hi there!! SO, I only have one picture right now to share of our trip to Saint George. You see my mom has this awsome digital camera that I love to use so I took all of our pictures with it and now I am waiting for her to send me the pictures so when I get them I will share more later. (right now I am saving my pennies so I can buy a camera like hers) Anyways, we drove to saint George on Friday and met my mom there. Kevin ran in the marathon (I was really jealous, I was suppose to but my knee wasn't ready in time, next year.) Anyways, Carter got spoiled with sugar and attention from NaNa and Kevin ran his best marathon yet. This is kind of ironic because he had no expectations of running as fast as he did. He didn't train real hard and just planned to run for fun. Well, thanks to Kevin we both set a personal record this weekend. You see Kevin ran a 3:53:39 and I thought that he had beat my record by twenty seconds. As soon as we could get to a computer Kevin looked up the Salt Lake marathon that we both had run and he found out that my actual chip time (a timing device that you were on your shoe while your running that is the most acurate time) was actually 3:52:49!!! Well I had better get my bum moving and run faster before Kevin catches me. Thanks Kevin for helping me PR. Anyways we had a great weekend. We went in to Zions National Park and it was beautiful. It was raining so we didn't get to hike around or anything but it was still fun to drive around and see it. Life is great here hope all is well with you!!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Well at least he didn't beat you! You are one competitive girl, but that's what I love about you! I can't say much because I am competitive too. I am glad you guys had a fun time.

Roberts Family said...

Sounds like a good time! Some year I will run a marathon....or maybe just a half... or maybe I'll just stick to a 5k..lol Great job to Kevin and good job to Carter for wrapping nana around his finger....

Snell Familia said...

Great job!! I'm impressed! Sounds like you are doing great! I like reading about you and your family on your blog. It's fun to keep updated!