Okay so it had been awhile since I have posted. Sorry about that. So, this week summer has finally come to Denver. We have warm weather (besides today, there was a tornado about 30miles north of us) and Carter and I finished school. Yes, this week Carter has graduated from preschool and is ready for kindergarten. I also finished teaching in his class and I have successfully finished my first semster back to college with a 4.0 grade point. I was thinking the other day about how we evolve as we get older. My knee is still sore so I had to return to physical therapy and as I was there I missed working in physical therapy, but realized that I am so excited to become an early childhood educator. When I started college being a teacher was the last thing that I wanted to do, but after having the opportunity to teach in Carter's class and take these college classes I am finding that I love it. It's kind of crazy the way our lives go.
Now that summer is here you can see from the pictures that Carter has now decided that riding his bike is great. He already wants to take the training wheels off so that he can keep up with his friend. That will be a very intersting day when we teach him that. We might give him a week or two before we attempt that. Oh, ya, I planted my very first vegetable garden this week. That same day we found out that a pipe for the sprinklers is broken and because I am so lucky the pipe runs in the garden. Hopefully we can save the garden. I will keep you posted. Well, hope all is well with everyone. Wish you the best.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Carter's graduation hat is different than most! Must be the hispanic influence in Aurora! Looks like great weather to be out of school. We had rain for our last day of school. I am glad you want to be a teacher, I don't know if I still want to be! I think I would have to be back in the classroom and judging from Isabelle's classroom I don't know if I could do 2nd grade again! Sorry your knee is still bothering you maybe you can be my walking partner again!!!!!! :)
Corrine Corrine Quite Contrary How does your garden grow? It's looks fantastic. I hope you can figure out the watering issue.
Teaching is very rewarding (and a lot of work). I am so glad you have decided to become a teacher. That is exciting news.
-Bonnie Bell
okay so I don't know my geography very well. I said that the tornado was 30 miles away and actually it was about 50miles away. I feel terrible for these people it really destroyed their town. Corrine
That's great that Carter is learning how to ride a bike without training wheels. I am so excited for you to get your teaching degree. Congratulations on getting a 4.0. Have a great week.
Post a Comment