Sunday, January 30, 2011

Young women's President, Really?!!

Okay sorry for the delay in posted but I have been trying to catch up with my self the last month. The Sunday before Christmas the bishop called me to be the Young Woman's President. AAAAAHHHHH!!!! Really Bishop are you sure? He said yep and that he had know this for a couple of months now. I told him that I hadn't even been in the ward for a year yet and I still didn't know that many people and I had to come up with counselors and advisers. Man the Lord must know something about me that he is trying to teach me because wow is all I can say. So, this past month I have been calling counselors and advisers and trying to get things in order. The day that they actually called us in sacrament meeting I had no idea that it was happening that day. I showed up for church and the bishop said okay we are going to make the changes and I said great this week and he said, no right now in like five minutes. AAAAAAA!!!! I walked into young womans and it felt like total craziness. People were handing me binders and papers and telling me congrats and good luck. But now I am feeling more put together and things are rolling a lot smoother for now anyways. The kids they are doing great. Carter is playing basketball and piano. He is actually doing better and basketball than soccer but he is still a goof ball out on the court. As an example yesterday at his game the opposing team had a boy name Simon and every time someone yelled Simon the follow up would be "simon Says" He is loving the piano and actually likes to practice so I hope we can keep that up as well. Maddie is still my little tornado but she cracks me up. She is saying more and more words but the best one is ball and the other day Kevin taught her poo. What was he thinking. Oh well it's funny when she says it cause you know exactly what she is saying. well enjoy the slide show and wish you all the best. Corrine

3 comments:

Kathy Koeven said...

You'll be a WONDERFUL YW president !!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! I should probably be congratulating the girls... they're the true winners. Good luck with the busy schedule.

Darling children - Carter is getting TALLLL

Josie said...

Love that Carter is cracking jokes while playing basketball. You are a take charge kind of person you'll be great at YW pres. (i mean that in the nicest way.)

erica said...

Oh you'll be an awesome YW Pres! I was just talking about you with someone in the ward the other day on how I really liked you and wished your family was still in the ward. Glad you guys are doing well in your new home though!